BENEFITS OF JOINING HADS
HADS is your local branch of your tripartite membership including the PDA and ADA membership. In addition to all of the benefits and programs you are eligible for at the national and state level, below are some advantages that are beneficial at your local society level.
- Interact with colleagues. From a private, member only contact list through our local website to face-to-face meetings and events, HADS provides ample opportunities to keep in touch with your peers and discuss issues that affect your profession and your practice. Enjoy great networking opportunities with your colleages at events such as the annual golf outing and casino night
- Legislative representation. With more than 61 percent of all Pennsylvania dentists as PDA members, it goes to show that there truly is power in numbers. PDA successfully advocates on members’ behalf every day to ensure the dental profession is protected and stronger than ever. Stay abreast of local legislative issues with your HADS membership and CE meetings.
- Save time and money. As a member, you have the ability to receive exclusive discounts on high-quality products for your business, such as credit card processing, payroll services and debt collections with various vendors who coordinate with the PDA.
- Stay informed. In addition to receiving the award-winning, bimonthly Pennsylvania Dental Journal – Transitions, members also have access to members only content on the HADS website. This is a resource for information you can trust.
- Increase your knowledge. The HADS offers world renowned speaker in six courses throughout the year. By being a HADS member, you can register for all six courses at an 80% cost savings over non-member dentist. All programs are ADA CERP certified.
- Vendor contacts. Stay abreast of current materials, equipment, and techniques with vendor participation at the CE events.
- Give back to the community. In additional to the state wide Give Kids a Smile Program. You have many local resources to put your volunteer efforts to work: Bethesda Mission, Harrisburg Smiles, and Christ Lutheran Church, HACC sealant program, and Hamilton Health Community Day event.
- Insurance benefits. Through PDAIS you enjoy favorable rates on various insurance policies for you, your employees, and your office’s business needs. Dental Insurance Participation analysis of provider contracts is a service benefit, free of charge, to all ADA members.
- Patient Mediation Review. Utilize the HADS Patient Relations officer to potentially mediate conflicts that may arise between you and a patient. This can reduce or avoid costly legal fees.
- Promote your services. You will be included in the local HADS search for Find a Dentist public service. Members also receive an automatic listing in the public search function, Find a Member Dentist, on PDA’s website. Every day, patients visit PDA’s website to search for dentists in their area with this popular and easy to use feature.
- Easily accessible resources. Members gain access to a plethora of resources, such as complimentary electronic enrollment in PDA’s Placement Service, usage of ADA and PDA logos and access to PDA’s reliable and dedicated staff. Did you know that more than 85 percent of consumers are aware of ADA, according to a recent survey? When asked the purpose of ADA, the top response by consumers was to focus on improving oral health. Members can display the ADA and PDA member logos on practice communications, such as professional websites, signage, stationery and other publicity materials, including advertisements.
- Support the next generation. Interact with local newer practitioners by attending HADS events. Lend support and encouragement to young dentist in the organized dentistry community. This potentially could help you find a prospective future associate or potential buy-in partner for your practice.